The Music Competition Borovets is held annually in Hotel Samokov, Borovets resort.
Music Competition Borovets is looking for talented young musicians who have excellent musical skills, strong character and outstanding stage behaviour. Performers of all classical instruments, vocals and ensembles, pop and jazz performers and ensembles, folk ensembles and solo performers are accepted.
The goals of the competition are to motivate, encourage and support the young performers on the difficult path of musical art, to preserve and promote classical, jazz and folk music, to enrich and develop cultural exchange between music artists.
From 2020 the competition is in the Program of measures for protection of gifted children of the Ministry of Culture for children from VIII to XII grade, and participants in this age group (in the category “Classics”) have the opportunity to receive a scholarship from the state budget.
the 7th edition of the competition has been postponed due to financial reasons.
We apologize for the inconvenience!
The registration for 2023 is currently closed.
The schedule for participation and rehearsals will be announced within two calendar weeks AFTER the end of the registration deadline.
Past and current members of the Music Competition Borovets jury:
- Prof. Dr. Jean Gologanov, artistic director
- Prof. Dr. Rostislav Yovchev (1961 – 2021), artistic director, organizational director, member and chairman of the jury “Keyboard Instruments”
- Prof. Dr. Toni Shekerdzhieva – Novak, artistic director, chairman of the jury “Classical Singing”
- Stanislav Pochekanski, member and chairman of the jury in the category “Wind Instruments” and “Chamber Music”
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Georgi Petkov, Chairman of the Jury
- Prof. Dr. Daniela Geneva, co-chair of the jury
- Trifon Trifonov, member of the jury
- Prof. Dr. Ivanka Ninova, member of the jury – category “Classical Singing”
- Magdalena Dalcheva, member of the jury – category “String Instruments”
- Prof. Dr. Lyudmil Petkov, Chairman of the Jury “Keyboard Instruments”
- Prof. Dr. Stella Miteva – Dinkova, Chairman of the Jury – category “String Instruments”
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zornitsa Petrova, member of the jury – category “Keyboard Instruments” and “Chamber Music”
- Micho Dimitrov, member of the jury – category “String Instruments”
- Prof. Dr. Kostadin Buradjiev, Chairman of the Jury – category “Folklore”
- Prof. Dr. Borislav Yasenov, member of the jury – category “Pop and Jazz”
- Ivaylo Mihailov, member of the jury – category “Classical singing”
- Pencho Penchev, member of the jury – category “Wind Instruments”
- Eduard Sarafyan, member of the jury – category “Wind Instruments”
- Prof. Alexander Spirov, member of the jury – category “String Instruments”
- Radmila Petrova – member of the jury – category “String Instruments”
- Prof. Binka Dobreva – member of the jury – category “Folklore”
International Competition for Chamber Ensembles and Solo Performers Borovets is organized by the Association “Music Context” – a non-profit legal entity for public benefit activities. Priority in our work is the organization of events related to the promotion of music. An example of this are the five editions of an international chamber music competition, as well as a number of other cultural events. The financing of the association is done through implemented projects by the Ministry of Culture, as well as financial support from municipalities, NGO’s, private businesses and individuals who support our mission.